Home made deck jets

We have landscaping within 2 feet of the pool we're building and I was wondering what it would take to add to the irrigation system in a few years to create jets that spray into the pool?

I guess the downside is that we'd be paying for water instead of recirculating from the pool? I like the look but also the ability to cool the pool down. If we were going to do this a few years from now should we add extra irrigation now while everything is all dug up?

I saw some SRCC had built in another forum but thought I'd see what others have done.

Thanks!

Hm, so you'd be spraying tap water into the pool? Not sure how well that would work; depending on how long you run the jets and what type they are, you could end up overflowing the pool pretty quickly.

As for adding pipe now, pipe is cheap and add extras anyway! Digging later will be much more hassle.

I'd be concerned about adding fertilizer and chemicals to your pool. The irrigation zone would be down system from the back flow so the potential for your lawn chemicals to end up in the pool is pretty high.

techgirl said:
I'm not very savvy when it comes to all this plumbing - I'm not sure how the deck jets the pool builders sell get plumbed? Maybe we should have some piping put under the deck for a later date?

Exactly what you need to do. Simply run a closed loop around the pool from your pad, T up at the locations you want the jets and cap them off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.