Sam Spectrum Amerlite leaking...

coreyoreo

LifeTime Supporter
Hey, all...

I have an older Sam Spectrum amerlite pool light that had a small leak. I cleaned it out, got everything working again, replaced the lens gasket with an original Pentair gasket (#79101600Z) as I was told the black rubber gaskets are not as good.

About 2 weeks later, I noticed the lite was taking on water again, but worse this time. So I removed the lite & it's now drying out again.

The only thing different I did was (here it comes) I put o-ring lube/sealer around the lens gasket, thinking it would prevent anymore leaks. It didn't. :(

So my question is, before I tighten everything down, should I or should I not use any o-ring sealer around the lens gasket?

I have a new Pentair gasket to use, I also have a silicone gasket I was going to try too...

Thanks in advance for any help...

Corey

I had two in my pool, and both leaked. I did my best to replace the gaskets several times, but with no luck. These lights are notorious for leaking through the bushing where the cord enters the back of the light fixture. I ended up getting LED lighting to swap out the failing lights.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.