Hayward Heat Pro Fan Cuts Off - HI error

Aquatica

Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 26, 2010
Nassau, Bahamas
Hi guys,

got a heat pump and when it starts up the fan runs for like 5 seconds and then cuts off. The error is: HI

Anyone have any idea why the fan cuts off? Everything inside seems to be ok. Had an a/c guys check it out.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks! :cool:

This is from the manual, page 17,
3. If diagnostic code “HI” is displayed, this may indicate that an insufficient water flow condition exists. Check that the pool pump strainer basket, skimmer basket and filter are clean. After checking these items, if the “HI” indicator is still displayed, contact your original equipment installer or service provider.

Bama Rambler said:
This is from the manual, page 17,
3. If diagnostic code “HI” is displayed, this may indicate that an insufficient water flow condition exists. Check that the pool pump strainer basket, skimmer basket and filter are clean. After checking these items, if the “HI” indicator is still displayed, contact your original equipment installer or service provider.

Thanks. Yes already read this. Backwashed the filter. We have good return from the jets so cant be flow.

Bama Rambler said:
Did you check the rest of the troubleshooting info? If so, it's likely a bad sensor.

yes checked it. we use an a/c guy to repair these. on an island. no support from hayward service dept.

I'm thinking a sensor also but the a/c guys checked that. will recheck with them. Thanks!

Bama Rambler said:
That water flow sensor is actually a pressure switch. If it's not actuating under the correct pressure that will cause that error.

Thanks Dave. We have the a/c guys coming back today to blow out the tubes/coils..I'm guessing this pressure sensor is in the coils and could be dirty with scale. Just guessing. I don't know much about the inside of these heaters. Will let them check the pressure sensor. Thanks again. :cool:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.