Intex sand filter

I have had the sand filter for over a month now and it has been working awsome but i when i went to turn to turn off the pump i noticed that the water is being pushed back up to the skimmer and some of the water also is drained from the pump basket.

Just wondering what u guys think and if i should be worried???

Ps: after i turn the pump back on it has to catch prime for a few seconds then it starts working again.

Do you have air in your pump strainer basket too? That may be a sign of a suction side leak. Air gets into the filter and when the pump is turned off the air pressure forces water out of the filter and back into the pool.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Simplifying here a bit, if you have air in the filter (and you do), it is coming from the suction side of your system.....somewhere between the pump and the skimmer(s) or intake.

If you find and seal those air leaks, the problem will be resolved.

Because when the pump is running it is pressurizing the filter by pushing air into it. When the pump is shut off, the air can then escape backwards out of the filter, through the pump and back to the pool.

Ok the pump has been running perfectly again,i haven't check yet if there is still air in the filter and i checked for air leaks.i found nothing

If there is still air in the filter how can i remove it?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.