Just installed liquidator - finally

smuggs

LifeTime Supporter
Sep 10, 2007
Gloucester County, NJ
I finally had a free moment to install my 8gal liquidator this morning. My equipment pad is about 1.5 feet below water level and I can get a flow rate of about 3-3.5 on the flow meter. I'm hoping this is sufficent. If it is not, what can I do to increase the flow? For what it is worth, I drilled the suction side hole on the side of my pipe just before the pump due to ease access. Would it have been better to try to drill it on the top? Also, I plan to use 12.5% chlorine in the hopes that that will offset any flow limitations I may have.

what the flow rate actually represents? In other words, does 3 mean 3 gal minute or hour?
My thinking is it is simply a set of markings. Each individual pool will have different pressure differences across the intake/outake so the flow rate may very widely from pool to pool. I believe it to be simply reference marks for you to reset your flow.

Dave,

Didn't think about that, but it makes sense. So, after having my Liquidator online since 10:00am this morning, my FC level increased by 2ppm to 5.5ppm according to my trusty TF-100. This was with the setting on about 3. I just lowered it a little bit since I have a feeling it is going to shoot up a bit more.....will check again tomorrow night.

Dave - I saw that you came up with an approach to adding chlorine to the liquidator slowly from a 5gal carbouy. I'm interested in how you did that as I plan on using the same and it was very difficult to pour it in slowly and without spilling.

Dave - I saw that you came up with an approach to adding chlorine to the liquidator slowly from a 5gal carbouy. I'm interested in how you did that as I plan on using the same and it was very difficult to pour it in slowly and without spilling.
Yeah, nothing complex...I siphoned it out. I built a little plywood "stool" for my chlorine carboy...slightly taller than the water level in the liquidator.

Turn on the pump, set the carboy up on the stool and, using tubing the same size as the liquidator uses, insert one end to the bottom of the carboy and the other end into the funnel.

(I'm assuming you've started a siphon before so I won't get into that....I did get a little taste of the chlorine on my first careless attempt....DON'T DO THAT! :shock: :shock: )

That's it. If you have a 4-gallon liquidator, you could make the stool a couple of inches lower than the liquidator so it would siphon 4 gallons (roughly) and stop.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.