Octagon spa that spills into pool 8ft across by 5 ft.

Now that the cement has been put in it looks too small. Across the 8 ft is fine. The five foot back is a little tight. This is half of an octagon. 4 jets. 250 btu heater. Pentair cartridge filter. Not sure of the other inf. pipes are 2 in PVC I think. Any feedback is apprecated

This is the pic after the cement was poured. Worried about leg room.[attachment=1:3apy71pv]image.jpg[/attachment:3apy71pv]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 52
They came and chiseled some of the steps back.. They said they were too wide. Still afraid of size but think it looks a lot better.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 51
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 51
My spa looks very similar to yours although it is barrel shaped. Mine is too small - yours looks a little more roomy. Someone once said that spas should be oval or horseshoe shaped so as to avoid the legroom problem you refer to.
Having said this, we don't use our spa a ton, and we're happy with it. It's handles 4-5 people fine - any more than that and it gets cozy. Again, we don't use it a ton, and when we do, we're in it for no more than 30 minutes.

SF

Thank you for your input. They asked us if we wanted to break into the pool and extend the other have of the octagon since before they chiseled the steps it appeared so small now with the steps chiseled is doesn't seem to bad. Afraid is we extend then it will be too big

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What is "small" to one person might not be to another...it comes down to how many people do you think will want to use the spa at the same time? You can probably fit 5 or so in there comfortably, similar to CombatYoga above. If you're anticipating more people, I don't think extending the rest of the octagon would make it too big, but it would probably be a major undertaking. And quite expensive, I would imagine.

Yes we just found out it would not be structurally okay to do that to the existing pool. I am kinda glad I didn't have to think about that anymore. I am glad they took care of the benches, I think the room is fine now. Now I am concerned about the heater and pump being okay for the changes we are making

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.