Cloudy pool after metal treatment

Masspools

In The Industry
Jan 22, 2013
Cambridge Massachusetts
Hi All

I did a copper treatment on an 63,000 gallon indoor pool by neutralizing the chlorine and adding Ascorbic acid, then added metal free to get it out of the pool. The pool was fine for a day and a half, I didn't raised the chlorine out of fear to activate the metals in the water again, the pool then turned bluish cloudy.

Chlorine = .5
PH = 7.0

I backwash the filter and added a floc to the pool, what steps should I take from here to get it clear?

Thank you

You don't want to increase the FC level at all quickly after an ascorbic acid treatment. If you are worried about algae you should use an algaecide. We recommend using a polyquat based algaecide when doing an AA treatment. Our guideline is to wait 24 hours after using ascorbic acid, and then to increase the FC level by 1 per day until you are back at your normal level.

The stain removal will usually cloud up the water. The low FC level required for an AA treatment means you might get algae, which can also cloud up the water. At first there isn't any way of telling them apart. Hopefully you just have the normal metal treatment cloudiness, and not an algae problem. Regardless, you can't do anything about algae, if you have any, right now because that would cause the stains to come back.

Remember that you need to add more sequestrant now and again, as chlorine will slowly break it down. See the sequestrant package for suggested maintenance dosages.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.