Question about selling Chlorine

BlakeB

Feb 5, 2013
Hey guys, new here and need help with a question. I have always had good luck finding things out through forums so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction.

I manage a warehouse company in TX and first of last year we had a customer move out and can not be contacted. I have some left over stock that is taking up space and need to find something to do with it.

I have the following:
216 - 50 LB bucket - "Pool Brand" multi functional chlorinating granules
48 - 40 LB bucket - "Pool Brand" 3" chlorinating tablets
540 - 1 QT bottle - "Tropiclear" Filter cleaner

My main question is, Is this stuff LEGAL to sell??
Where could I get ride of everything at a huge discount??

Thank You guys for the help. :goodjob:

03A27D5B-8FB1-4AE2-B6CE-B434AA39328F-1791-000002CB24600C4C_zpsa1a58bbd.jpg

No reason it wouldn't be legal. I'd talk to a pool store that is locally owned rather than a national chain to sell it. They'd probably be glad to have it.

I agree with John. Your other options would be an ad in Craigslist, ebay or self advertised auction where buyers can come to warehouse location and bid.

As far as legality is concerned, while I see no reason the products would be deemed illegal, you should seek advice from your attorney as to whether you are the legal owner of the supplies and can sell as your own to a third/unrelated party.

No clue on what is or is not legal.
Assuming you don't need a license to sell it and if you are willing to deal with a bunch of people... try Craigslist - it is free and I have sold all kinds of spare stuff there. Pick the right price and people will line up at your door.

(on edit... just noticed dmanb2b post - missed it the first time. So x2 on CL, it works)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.