Hayward controls are blank

Feb 4, 2013
We just purchased a home that has a Hayward H-Series heater. The heater comes on when using the ProLogic panel, but the controls on the Hayward Heater are blank...no lights nothing. Do I just need to replace the control display panel?
thanks!

Welcome to TFP!

I have seen LCD displays fail to work when it was very cold. If it has been down around/below freezing recently, I would wait until it warms up and confirm that the display is still not working before replacing it.

Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately, we have nice warm, sunny weather in South Florida so I don't think cold weather is the issue. I am considering buying a replacement display (looks easy to replace) but want to make sure there isn't some other underlying cause.

Could be that someone did a little trick to prevent the controls from being used on the heater. If the board were really dead the heater wouldn't even turn on via the remote. After all, you have a remote system so you would probably never have to go to the heater for any reason. Double check the connections to the system board under the heaters top panel and see if that is the case.

Yes I know you would still want to see the display for error codes but I have seen people do some strange things.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.