Aquatrol Model Number Help

dmmeek

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 31, 2013
I am now ordering a better pump and filter system for my pool, thanks to all the helpful feedback from this forum. I was in the process of ordering a Hayward Aquatrol SWG today and noticed at least two different model numbers. Does anyone know the difference between the various Aquatrol SWG systems? Two such systems are the AQ-TROL-HP and the AQ-TROL-RJ. I also seen one ending in RJ-TL. There are slight price differences between them, but other than that I cannot tell any difference.

I have a 24" round ABG that is 52" deep, if that is helpful.

Thanks Daniel

The HP has a flow switch and is designed to be installed at or near the pad. The RJ is for "Return Jet" and is designed to go right at the return and has no flow switch. If your equipment pad is away from the pool you probably need the HP, if it's right at the pool then the RJ model may work.

Some places require twist lock connectors and that's what the TL is for.

Thank you. My equipment is pool side, so I will order the RJ. My pump / filter has a straight blade plug, so I don't need the TL.
Thanks again for all your help.

Well I don't have one, so I can't really make a recommendation. However my pool is hard piped and the equipment is in an equipment shed so the RJ wouldn't work for me anyway. Regardless, I'd go with the HP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.