Best and quietest VS pump?

Jul 14, 2012
Blountsville, AL
I have a new pool and want to buy a VS pump. I currently have a Hayward 2hp pump and it's very loud. I have read that the Pentair VS is a better pump and quieter. They make several versions. Which one should I get? I have the Aqua Plus control system already.

All VS and two speed pumps are quiet when run on lower speeds. It's not the pump, it's because lower flow rates/RPM don't make as much noise. I can hardly hear my two speed on low.

Since you have a Hayward controller, the EcoStar might be a good choice. Performance wise, it is the most efficient VS on the market.

I have the VS-SVRS and it is very quiet on lower RPMs. You really can't even here it run. On the higher RPM you will hear it but still not as loud as the single speed Hayward I replaced. Have had the VS for about two years now and am very happy with it. Bought it on Amazon and saved several hundred dollars plus got free shipping on it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.