Intellibright 5G question

Sep 18, 2012
Lake Nona, Florida
We are GC for our build and plaster comes on Monday. I thought that the electrician would mount the lights... but he said the plaster guys do that...

Anyway, in getting ready I find I have two questions about the Intellibright:

1. It comes with a copper "pilot screw" but the plaster ring has 8 holes? What goes in there - does the ring screw into the plaster, somehow? What kind of screws should that be? (they aren't with the Pentair kit)

2. I just skimmed the manual and find that the intellibright programs via pulsing the power... ok, makes sense. Should I expect an app to interface with my iAqualink to know how to pulse the power or is this going to be a manual thing? I googled and find some complaints about apps that don't do this - is there an app that DOES do this?

davelinde said:
...and to answer my second question - the light seems to hang in the niche from just one screw - no idea why there are 8 other holes in the collar. The plaster guy said that is how they all work - only one screw.
Some lights are directional. They disperse the light at a wide angle in a plane. You can change from vertical to horizontal dispersion by rotating 90 degrees. At least that is what I did to mine but it's not an intellibrite, just plane old white light. It was installed wrong. It was dispersing vertically but it was on my long edge so I needed it to disperse wide instead of deep. Rotating helped.

Yep, one screw is used to hold the light in the niche. Typically, the bottom part of the light hooks into the niche and the top is held in place by the screw.

If you are using a non-Pentair automation system, the lights and shows are not going to be labelled properly in the system. Not a big deal, since the Jandy also uses pulsing of the power sent to the light to switch between modes.

CraigMW said:
If you are using a non-Pentair automation system, the lights and shows are not going to be labelled properly....

I was able to get the iAqualink to control the Intellibrite first try with no issues - it was a choice on their menu.
I'm still working on getting my bubbler light under control - I got it to operate by selecting the Intellibrite option for it too but it is not a Pentair product (I need to find the paperwork to figure out what it actually is...) and the pulse counts don't align. At this point when I turn it on I can pick a random color and get a random color on the light too. DW wants red for Valentine's Day so I guess I need to find that paperwork.

My new iAqualink application does NOT have Intellibrite as a listed option on the computer interface for lights. Hence, it does not change the light colors. Of note, Intellibrite still is an option on the One Touch wall controller and that's what I have set there, but it's not available on the computer/iPhone interface. Jandy techs say they discontinued Intellibrite support. So, am I SOL now? The iPhone will turn the lights on and off only on the color last set. Very annoying.

I am able to control my Intellibrite 5G pool light with the iAqualink interface by telling the system that it is a Jandy LED WaterColors light. The color and color show labels do not match up but a little experimentation will help you figure out the 2 or 3 settings that you're most likely to use regularly anyway.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.