Pool conquered!!!!!

Apr 16, 2008
Richmond, VA
It's done! With the help & guidance of AnnaK, this newbie's pool is clear & sparkling!!!! The pool started out with green water and an owner that was clueless about everything! Now, the chemistry values are where they should be, & I have a firm grasp on the maintenance & upkeep. I still have lots to learn, but I'm well on my way to a trouble-free pool for the summer. Now all that's left to do is wait for the water to warm up. :wink:

O yay!

This was an exciting project and an interesting process, all done via e-mail! Jane and I have been friends for some years. Our common bond is the German Shepherd dogs. When she and her husband bought a new house with a green pool and she asked me for assistance I pointed her to TFP. Next thing I know she wrote to say she had ordered the TF-100 and read all the pertinent stickies, now what do I do?

We got intotesting the water, calculating target chemical amounts, adding BBB, tweaking for TA and pH. Her CYA addition was nearly perfect on first try and we're leaving it alone for now.

Jane was an amazing student! She threw herself into TFP and, despite packing and moving house, still found the time to read, think, study, and work on the pool. She learned how to use the test kit, how not to sweat the little stuff, figured out how to run the vacuum, how to backwash and rinse, and most importantly, POP!

We team-tagged that green pool and we beat it into submission. I passed on everything I've learned here and on Ben's forum, three years worth of pool maintenance experience, and in the end, I got this excellent compliment: "I've seen your pool. I want one like it."

Thank you, TFP!

AnnaK

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.