Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pool conquered!!!!!

1. Back To Top    #1

Pool conquered!!!!!

It's done! With the help & guidance of AnnaK, this newbie's pool is clear & sparkling!!!! The pool started out with green water and an owner that was clueless about everything! Now, the chemistry values are where they should be, & I have a firm grasp on the maintenance & upkeep. I still have lots to learn, but I'm well on my way to a trouble-free pool for the summer. Now all that's left to do is wait for the water to warm up.
    22,000 Gal IG Vinyl
    Sta-rite SD75 DE filter
    Solar Cover

2. Back To Top    #2
    Congrats! Well done to AnnaK as well!!
    TFP Founder

My Pool: 13K gal IG gunite with 7' spa, Pentair Cartridge Filter, Intellichlor IC40 SWG, Polaris 280 Cleaner, TF-100 Test Kit w/ salt test.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Welcome to TFP

Congrats to you and AnnaK !

Share some pix when you have time 8)
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4
    O yay!

This was an exciting project and an interesting process, all done via e-mail! Jane and I have been friends for some years. Our common bond is the German Shepherd dogs. When she and her husband bought a new house with a green pool and she asked me for assistance I pointed her to TFP. Next thing I know she wrote to say she had ordered the TF-100 and read all the pertinent stickies, now what do I do?

We got intotesting the water, calculating target chemical amounts, adding BBB, tweaking for TA and pH. Her CYA addition was nearly perfect on first try and we're leaving it alone for now.

Jane was an amazing student! She threw herself into TFP and, despite packing and moving house, still found the time to read, think, study, and work on the pool. She learned how to use the test kit, how not to sweat the little stuff, figured out how to run the vacuum, how to backwash and rinse, and most importantly, POP!

We team-tagged that green pool and we beat it into submission. I passed on everything I've learned here and on Ben's forum, three years worth of pool maintenance experience, and in the end, I got this excellent compliment: "I've seen your pool. I want one like it."

Thank you, TFP!

AnnaK
    — AnnaK —

12,000 gal AGP, Hayward sand filter, Pentair 2-speed pump, timer.
    Please visit our Pool Issues pages for information about step weights, managing the solar cover, and PoolSkim.

5. Back To Top    #5
    congrats, and welcome to TFP

8000 gallon 20' x 48" round vinyl frame pool, 12" sand filter (don't have the specs on the pump), TF100 test kit
    Handy Links: PoolMath, TF-100 Test Kit, Pool School, CYA-Chlorine Chart
    "Shock" is a process, not a product!

6. Back To Top    #6

In the move, I've misplaced my cables for transferring photos from my camera to my computer. When I find them, I'll try to upload a couple of the before & after pics. Thanks again to TFP! And I'm glad to be here.
    22,000 Gal IG Vinyl
    Sta-rite SD75 DE filter
    Solar Cover