Is a slide worth the money?

Jan 25, 2013
We are about a week or less away from breaking ground on our new inground pool and I wanted to get the opinions of the veterans around here. What we can't decide on is whether or not a slide is worth it? We have a 3 1/2 year old daughter who loves the water and is the main reason we're building the pool but WOW I didn't realize how much slides were! The one we're looking at is the SR Smith Turbo Twister and it looks like Pool Supply World has it for around $2,600 with the 5% discount on FB. If you had it to do over would you get a slide?

Side note: The PB is stubbing a line for us and running everything needed for water to the slide during construction. Hopefully attached Pool drawing as well.

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 370
Re: Question for beginner

Welcome to TFP!!!

Yup they are pricey. Sometimes you can find used ones. Also there are a few threads here that discuss a home-built version that uses a playground slide.

Also, you may want to verify with your home owners insurance that a slide is allowed, apparently many companies exclude having a slide (while a diving board is OK) and other companies are the opposite.

If your insurance allows it, I would guess a slide would be well worth it - especially since your daughter is still so young. My kids are almost 7 and would LOVE a slide. At their swim lesson place, all the kids love the slide - even the kids a little older and much better swimmers. Good luck!

Thanks for the answers/suggestions! Our insurance will allow anything along as there is a fence and HOA approval is already done as well. My big hold up is the $2600 price tag! I've found it cheaper than that online but those sites don't allow free shipping and shipping a slide is almost $300. Will be sure to take some pictures when we start construction and if we get the slide.

We added our slide during the first summer after our pool went in. Doing it during the install would have been easier, but it's been there 2 seasons now and looks like it went in with the pool. Anyway, the slide is a very popular feature with almost everyone who uses our pool. The kids use it the most, but it gets a fair amount of use from grown ups as well. As for the price you mentioned, I don't know about that particular model, but shop around to include mail order, amazon, and ebay. We got ours new on ebay for quite a bit less than the quotes and installing it ourselves was not all that bad - we did it over a weekend. Best of luck in your choice and hope your pool turns out well for you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.