New Pool Plastered, brown stain running down equalizer grill

Jan 2, 2013
I have a newly plastered pool (about 2 months now) and there's a brown line running from the equalizer, anti-vortex grill on the pool wall to the bottom of the pool. There's no other stains in the pool, and the water chemistry is perfect. I haven't put anything like shock in the pool, and the skimmers are all new and were put in by the same pool company that did the plaster.

I tried scrubbing it with a nylon brush, and then a steel brush, but it's still there. It's not horrible, it's a light brown line, almost like light dust trail, but it's still concerning.

Any idea what's going on?

thanks

Re: New Pool Plastered, brown stain running down equalizer g

carolina pool said:
Could be a nail or some piece of metal that fell into the equalizer line. You could try the vitamin c in a sock and see if that has any effect.

Thanks for the response.

Is there a good way to fish something like that out? I'm having the builder take a look at it but just in case we have a situation where they claim it's "my fault."

Re: New Pool Plastered, brown stain running down equalizer g

That was just a crazy guess.

You could hook a vacuum hose in the bottom of the skimmer and the other end into the equalizer port. That would suck out anything that was loose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.