Nebraska vendors

Jan 28, 2013
I'm starting some initial research on putting an inground pool in and I'd love to bring in some vendors. However, this being Lincoln, NE, there aren't a lot of folks to chose from. I'd really feel a lot better to hear from someone with direct experience in my area?

Anyone have any advice on who to call?

I'm 2 hours south of you and had an extremely hard time getting a realistic & transparent (no hidden costs) quote so I opted to contact the manufacturer directly over the phone(near San Antonio). They put me in contact with their distributor in St. Louis who was willing to sell me the pool, deliver it, dig the whole then set it level in the hole. I did the rest. Saved well over 50k doing it myself. They also do full installs including decking if you want.

You can choose to go this way and I'll PM you the company info or if you are looking at concrete pools there is a company in Abilene, KS that has a good reputation that I can get the number for. There are many other companies in Kansas City but couldn't get them to return any calls or emails.

Thanks. I'm already having a hard time getting folks to even call me back. I'd love the info if you could PM me. Would a builder from KS really drive all the way here to put in a pool though? I wasn't even certain Omaha builders would.

Right you are! in fact, I just got a callback from one today. That's quite a relief, I was afraid I'd be limited to 1 or 2 choices. Thanks for everyone's input. Still love to hear from someone in my area with direct knowledge as a testimonial though.

coopooc said:
Right you are! in fact, I just got a callback from one today. That's quite a relief, I was afraid I'd be limited to 1 or 2 choices. Thanks for everyone's input. Still love to hear from someone in my area with direct knowledge as a testimonial though.
Did you get my PM? Make the call so you have a comparison whether you use him or not. Nothing to lose.

Thanks. The search at this point was really just to get a sense for what the market looks like in the area. I have a reasonably good idea of what the pool should cost based on what I see other folks around here paying. My concern was that in a low-competition area like NE, I'd have to pay a lot more. I'm not so sure that's the case after a few weeks of reaching out to vendors.

I appreciate the offer, we're looking at next summer though so we won't get serious again for a bit. Still, you need an idea of what to plan for in terms of cost so it's never too early.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.