Septic Repair Area

Jan 27, 2013
HI, I was wondering if anyone has experience with moving or modifying their septic repair area (or reserve leach field to some). Here in MD the county requires 2 repair areas which basically takes up most of the ideal places for a pool. My contractor said I need to go down to the health department and see if there is anything that can be done. It seems like the amount of area they require for reserve is excessive. I was just curious if anyone has ever gotten this done or if it is impossible.

Attachments

• photo-7.JPG
    photo-7.JPG
    114.4 KB · Views: 125
Just a quick update. I spoke to the health dept here in MD and they are willing to grant a variance for 1000 sq ft. This would apply only to the pool, any decking wouldn't matter. Just thought I would post in case anyone else has this issue.

Nice to hear they were reasonable about it.
As noted, septic issues can be troublesome - I've had to do two repairs on homes I've owned and with the myriad of rules and issues that came up both of them made me wonder if there would be a way to proceed. (thankfully both worked out).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.