Help me pick a pump for my 11k pool

Oh, well not sure why you can't find the smaller pump. That superflo it's pretty small, there is a 3/4 Whisperflo 2 speed that is a bigger pump that could work.

The 106 is just switching one leg of the 230 so it would work with 115 too. The 105 May be fine but I am not certain.

I do not think leaving the suction cleaner connect on low would hurt anything, but you will not get good skimming action. Have you considered getting a robot instead?

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Regarding the timer, I had the same thought initially but it seems the 106 runs on 230v. If that's the case it wouldn't run on 115v would it?The 105 seems like the same timer but with a 115v clock. I may be wrong though.

Btw, I sent an email to Pentair product support. They said the Superflo Pump cones with a switch...

Still trying to find the pump though.,.

Oh you may be right about the 105. One thing to realize, you have to run the power for the speed timer off a power source that is not on the on/off power circuit.

Basically, the power to run both timers needs to be continuous. Then the output of the on/off timer needs to go through the speed timer to select the speed.

Not sure if that makes sense to you. Bottom line, you have to change the power wiring for the speed timer from how it arrives.

Pool Supply World called Pentair and they are able to get the pump. It would be $529 shipped.

However, now that I look again I am considering the 230v 1 HP. (I can rewire for 230v) Does the Full Load Amps listed below coordinate with the high/low setting so that the 3/4 uses 14.6 amps on high and 4.7 amps on low? If so, it seems the 1 hp pump would use less electricity to pump more water. Is this correct?

Here are my calculations:

3/4HP Pump (Product 341111)
115 x 14.6 = 1,679 Watts
115 x 4.7 = 540.5 Watts

1HP Pump (Product 340042)
230 x 6 = 1380 watts
230 x 2.3 = 529 Watts

Here is the info from the pentair site:

Product 341111
Model SF-N2-3/4A
Voltage 115
Full Load Amps 14.6/4.7
HP 3/4
SF 1.67
SFHP Primary 1.25
Curve Key A, F

Product 340042
Model SF-N2-1A
Voltage 230
Full Load Amps 6.0/2.3
HP 1
SF 1.25
SFHP Primary 1.25
Curve Key B, G

Curve for he pump:

apene2yt.jpg

From what Mark told me the Pentair numbers online are a bit suspect. The 1 hp moves a lot more water than the 3/4hp. I needed the 230 volt, so that is why I got the superflo 1hp. Was looking at the 3/4 Whisperflo, but wrong voltage. The 3/4 superflo would have been too weak to run my solar.

Pretty sure I paid a lot lower than that ... yup about $400 delivered.

That is what I saw when I looked at their site before when looking for my own pump.

The 1HP will use a little more power (watts) than the 3/4HP I think ... the amps for one of the pumps is incorrect (I think the 1HP is too low).

Likely the power use difference will not really be noticeable ... actually if you look at the SF*HP ... they are both 1.25, so really the power usage should be pretty similar.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.