Coping and Paver Sealer

Sciz Milson

LifeTime Supporter
Nov 13, 2012
Helle everyone. Sciz Milson here...

We we are under construction here in the Atlanta area. The crab orchard coping and waterline tile went in yesterday and the paver installation is scheduled for Monday. This is moving right along since we broke ground on Jan 4, especially given the 5 day rain delay last week. PB says we'll be swimming by Valentine's Day. Anyone for a Polar Bear Plunge?

We were discussing paver and coping care during the deck layout this morning. He suggested a product made by Dupont called Stone Tech Professional Salt Water Resistant Sealer. From what I can tell it can either be picked up at a distributor or ordered online. There just happens to be 2 distributors in my area. I've called for pricing but haven't heard from them yet. PB said it's a wallet killer but the best one available.

Anyone out there have any experience with this product?

http://www2.dupont.com/Stone_Tech_Profe ... ealer.html

I'll try to get some pictures up as soon as I can figure out how to make them smaller.

Best,

Sciz

My assumption is you are interested in protecting your decking from the salt in your SWG pool...correct?

Many, many folks never use a sealer and never have an issue.....food for thought.

Typically, you can reduce your photo size by simply emailing them to yourself, then saving them to the desktop and inserting them when you post. A bit cumbersome but it works. (at least in Picasa)

In the past we have used Duponts bullet proof sealer. The Salt Water sealer is fairly new and I have a gallon to use on the next job. I called the Dupont tech about it to find out how it is different from the bullet proof and she said it was a reformulated version but it was proprietary information. It smells and looks the same and I think its just a different label for marketing purposes.

I see it as a bit of insurance against salt water damage - plus I just like the way sealed concrete and pavers look. I'll update this post when I get the pricing on it. Also, thanks for the tip on photo-sizing. I will give that a try.

Best,

Sciz

Aha - good information. Since I'll be getting it from the distributor I'll find out the difference on pricing against the Bullet Proof. How did the Bullet Proof stack up against other sealers you used?

Best,

Sciz

We typically don't use a lot of sealers so I can't give you a comparison. We chose the bulletproof several years ago because it seemed to be the best out there and was carried by Dal Tile at the time. I have respect for DuPont and Dal tile. It is now the preferred choice of Classic Tile who we do a lot of business with.

They are both well over a $100 a gallon and don't base your decision on my smell test.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.