SWG no errors but not generating salt

Welcome to tfp, nthimis :wave:

SWG no errors but not generating salt
I assume you mean not generating chlorine?

You may already know this but many swgs shutdown when the temperature is low...not sure if that is the case here. I think many do it at ~50F, but some might be set different and sensors can drift.

Welcome to TFP! I agree with linen. It may be a touch too cold for your cell to start generating. What you can do is add chlorine manually until the water is warm enough to generate chlorine on its own. Then, once the water warms up, if it still is putting out chlorine, then you can go into troubleshoot mode.

If it is a Goldline unit, then they will shut off < 50F but you need to look at the cell temp.

However, it sounds like it could be a CL setting issue. Units will usually have a 2 or 1.5 hour cycle so with low chlorine settings, they shut off after a short period of time and will restart after the cycle ends. What is your current CL setting %?

How do you get the unit to start up again?

Do you have a spa with a heater where you could try to run the unit with a little warmer water?

As for the temperature, the only temperature that matters is the one that reads by the cell itself. I am still not certain which unit you have, hint hint, but normally, you can get the cell temperature from one of the menus.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.