Peristaltic pump vs SWG - which way to go?

Technigogo

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 28, 2011
Austin, Texas
I live in Austin, Texas. I've been using BBB for almost two years. Summer is glorious minus the daily worship of adding chlorine. In the wintertime, I cover my pool with netting to keep the leaves out. Last year, I fired up the built-in tablet chlorine dispenser to keep algae at bay until I reopen the pool around April. This year, the tabs didn't do the job and I have a swamp to deal with.

I'm ready for some better automation.

I will go with either SWG or chlorine injection. I read up on the Liquidator two years ago and now it seems that the peristaltic pump is the new thing, right? Please help me to make a decision. Here are the facts:

• 1. I will install either method myself

2. In ground, plaster, 30,000 gallon built in the 90's

3. Money is not the top concern, my budget is flexible. I would not go over $2,000 but I'd really like to be at $1,000 or less.

4. No rock to worry about, just ceramic and concrete. No metal in the pool (old style ladders or such)

5. I do not currently have any electronics. I have just the old fashion mechanical timer.

6. pool gets direct sun for about 5-6 hours per day in the summer

7. runs a Polaris if that matters

Thank you, TFP community!!

At 30,000 gallons the LQ (liquidator) is going to have to be refilled every week or so, and you'll be running it near wide open to get enough chlorine into the pool, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Since you have no stone/metal to worry about either a swcg or an injection pump will work great for you. Either one of those will work on a simple timer also.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.