Ladder Anchor Socket Installation

Jan 24, 2013
I am in the process of installing my pool and the one thing I am unsure about is installing the Ladder Anchor Sockets. This is a inground pool and I purchased some Brass 4" anchor sockets that are Perma-Cast Brand. Is there any specified distance or how level they need to be. I realize they should be flush with the concrete deck. I saw they come on channels as well does that help any?? Any advice or pictures would be very helpful. Thanks in advance.

The specs on your ladder will tell you what the center-to-center distance on the rails will be and, of course that will determine where to set them.

I don't know what you mean with the "channels".

Its best to have the handrails or ladder in the socket when you pour the patio, otherwise getting them level, plumb and the right distance apart will be very difficult. Leave the plastic on the rails while pouring and tape any exposed areas. The ones mounted on the c-channel make it possible to do without the fixtures in place and make them easier to bond. Even with the c-channel sockets you will get a better job by having the rails in place during the pour.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.