First spa set up and care.

tim1

Apr 26, 2010
I am getting ready to start my first spa up, found this site awhile back and you took great care of my pool change over to salt. I have a two person spa that I have basically rebuilt from the ground up and hope to start adding water this weekend. I have no idea of what I need to get this thing going. I know there is alot of calcium in the water we are provided, but have access to a deep well from my neighbor. So what do you recommend I buy and keep on hand to keep the spa clean and safe for use? The pool company coming tomorrow and am sure they will try to sell me everything under the sun. I don't want to here them tell me to buy all kinds of stuff that I really do not need so here I am asking for the best help I have found on the web.

Yes its a stand alone spa, was hoping to get a little more information on starting it up. I was thinking of using Bromine due to the size of the spa. I have been told its is a little cheaper and if the water doesnt test right I could just drain it and refill the spa.

Yesterday I wentand bought the last pieces of plumbing that were broken and got it all hooked up. The pool store wanted to sell me all kinds of stuff they said I would need, they did the samething when I set up my pool. I am not sure how long it has been empty, at least the two months I have owner it anyway. Today I want to fill it up, going to wipe down the inside and hope for the best once water is in it. Is there anything else I should do? Or is this the proper way to get it started? Thanks for any help given so far.

Well I cannot get power to the spa, had an electricaian and the pool tech here the last two days and they cant get it going either. Pool guy stated I have the wrong type breker and had no idea where I could buy the correct one. I am at a total loss now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.