Autopilot 48 instal

Richard_S

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 30, 2011
SW France
Hello peeps,

it's that time of year again where I have to start thinking about my pool this summer...or at least dreaming about it.

Last summer I spent a great deal of time and money keeping the pool chlorinated as I believe that not only is the system currently installed way too low spec, but it also doesn't work. Having trawled through this forum I have decided to splash out and replace the SWG and cell with a new Autopilot Digital.

Can someone please confirm which unit I need?

I have a pool with approx 90 cubic metres of water. I was thinking that the 48 would do, but I can buy the 60 unit for approx £100 more, so wondered if I should do this, or am I wasting my money.

Also, assuming that the Autopilot that I receive lasts as it should, what can I expect in terms of maintenance and longevity (the pool operates in 30C/sunny average for 3 months of the year)? - water temp approx 25-29C

Finally, now difficult will this be to instal on my own and are their any pointers that I should be aware of. This will replace a current system, so I am hoping that much of the wiring and plumbing will be the same.

Many thanks for your help

[attachment=1:34kjsoke]P1000631-small.JPG[/attachment:34kjsoke]

[attachment=2:34kjsoke]P1000618-small.JPG[/attachment:34kjsoke]

[attachment=0:34kjsoke]P1000609-small.JPG[/attachment:34kjsoke]

Attachments

• P1000618-small.JPG
    P1000618-small.JPG
    97.3 KB · Views: 26
  • P1000631-small.JPG
    P1000631-small.JPG
    94.7 KB · Views: 26
  • P1000609-small.JPG
    P1000609-small.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 27
90 cubic meters is about 24,000 gallons so the 48 would be a good fit for it. The 60 would work also as it's designed for about 2½ times the volume of the pool. That's about the upper limit of what we recommend.

Assuming you don't see a premature failure you should get many years out of the unit. The maintenance will all depend on the quality of your water. As long as it's not high in calcium the maintenance should be minimal. You, of course, will have to maintain the water but you should be doing that anyway.

The unit should be fairly easy to install in the place of the existing unit. A little piping modification will be required, but that's minor.

Thanks Dave.

Is the 60 unit capable of dealing with a bigger flow as I assume it produces chlorine at a higher speed? If you had the choice which would you recommend? I won't hold you to it!! :) Just interested.

I'd recommend the 48. It's plenty big and will give you good service. To me, the 60 is a little overkill.

They're rated in how much chlorine they produce in a 24 hour period so at 100% the 60 will produce more chlorine than the 48 in the same length of time, but you're not going to run either at 100% so it's a moot point in your application.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.