How to remove old setting from IntelliFlo

Jan 2, 2013
I recently had an IntelliFlo pump installed, but unfortunately the installer just set it at a very high setting (around 2400rpm) at night which sort of negates the purpose of getting the pump. He had it turning over something like 3 times a day (in the winter)

I was able to reprogram to where I wanted it (1100rpm for about 12 hours at night) but for some strange reason, the old setting seem to crop up in the middle of my new programmed schedule and speed.

How do you remove the old settings? I looked through the manual, and I just can't seem to figure it out.

Thanks for the help.

Is it hooked to an automation system? If it is, you need to disable the circuit with the old run time/speed in it.

Sounds like what happened is that you used a different curcuit and programmed a time and speed but didn't disable the old circuit and it's activating during the new program.

Bama Rambler said:
Is it hooked to an automation system? If it is, you need to disable the circuit with the old run time/speed in it.

Sounds like what happened is that you used a different curcuit and programmed a time and speed but didn't disable the old circuit and it's activating during the new program.

It's not hooked to a separate automation system, it's all enclosed on the unit itself. Sorry for the confusion.

When I went through the manual, it said if two different schedules are programmed, the one with the higher RPM takes priority.
What I don't understand is, how do you remove those old settings? And isn't it odd to have a system like that?
You would think it would not allow itself to overlap like that.

I just got an intelliflo and so far I love. There are 8 speed settings available. Speeds 1-4 can be set by the buttons. Speeds 5-8 can only be used for schedules. Each can be set to manual, egg timer or schedule. Go through each of the 8 speeds and looks for ones that are set to "schedule". My guess is one of them is set to a schedule you don't want. Change the schedule or speed or set it to manual to disable it.

I think a typical setup is to have speeds 1-4 set to manual so you touch the button to set it. Use speeds 5-8 for your schedule.

By the way here are my settings:
speeds 1-4 manual
speed 5: 1800rpm 8am to 6pm
speed 6: 2200rpm 2-4 (for cleaning with popups)
speed 7 & 8: disabled or manual

Having the higher rpm take over makes programming much easier. If it didn't then for my schedule I would need 3 programs to do the above - turn on to 1800 at 8a off 2p, turn 2200 on at 2p off at 4p, turn 1800 on at 4p off at 6p.

hope that helps,

B

bhunjp said:
I just got an intelliflo and so far I love. There are 8 speed settings available. Speeds 1-4 can be set by the buttons. Speeds 5-8 can only be used for schedules. Each can be set to manual, egg timer or schedule. Go through each of the 8 speeds and looks for ones that are set to "schedule". My guess is one of them is set to a schedule you don't want. Change the schedule or speed or set it to manual to disable it.

I think a typical setup is to have speeds 1-4 set to manual so you touch the button to set it. Use speeds 5-8 for your schedule.

By the way here are my settings:
speeds 1-4 manual
speed 5: 1800rpm 8am to 6pm
speed 6: 2200rpm 2-4 (for cleaning with popups)
speed 7 & 8: disabled or manual

Having the higher rpm take over makes programming much easier. If it didn't then for my schedule I would need 3 programs to do the above - turn on to 1800 at 8a off 2p, turn 2200 on at 2p off at 4p, turn 1800 on at 4p off at 6p.

hope that helps,

B

Thanks so much, I think what confused me is he set the schedule on something like "Speed 6" and I just assumed it was Speed 1 or 2. I got it straightened out and disabled the "old" setting.

I have to say, the programming on this could be a little more intuitive :rant: Otherwise, it's an amazing machine, I have it set for 1100rpm for 12 hours, and the pool looks great! I'm only using around 150 watts. :whoot:

Still can't believe my "expert" technician just left it at like 2,600 rpm for all night during the winter. I might as well have just stuck with my 30 year old single speed pump at that setting.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.