Need ideas for landscape and deck area

diesel

May 2, 2012
We have been in the house for a year. We added a mesh fence around the pool which is dark brown.

https://picasaweb.google.com/100711229983770301827/Pool

I have two small kids and want to get rid of the rocks (I am tired of diving for them). As you can see I have a large area in the corner near the fence (by palm tree).

Looking for all suggestions on what to do for the decking. I am a DIY guy and don't have the funds to have someone do the work. I also live in AZ, so while the pool gets the afternoon shade, in the morning, it will receive a ton of sun.

I was thinking of pavers, but then the heat issue comes up.

Please send any ideas you may have. I would like to put a gas fire pit in the corner with a bar area? eventually or have a place to put some chairs.

Mainly, I am concerned about what to replace the rocks with :)

Thanks

Blessedwithfivekids said:
I was going to go with rocks instead of mulch around our plantings (which I don't have yet). What was the problem with rocks? Kids throwing them or wind sending them into the pool?

The wind isn't the issue. The kids throw them into the pool. It's not a huge deal, but I want to be able to utilize that space.

The corner looks a bit small for a pit and bar, but you could probably do one of the two without any trouble. I like pavers personally, but they do get quite hot. If you only have morning sun that may not be as much of an issue. What could be difficult is the rolled-over coping that you have...I can't picture how to match pavers up to that coutour.

Some random large flagstones with boulders and turf inbetween them would look really good.

I guess turf is difficult in Arizona based upon the artificial comment. Turf is cool to the touch and nice to put your feet on in my neck of the woods.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.