Intex SWG conversion to standard AG

May 7, 2012
my wife and I have had an Intex 16x48 for 2 years and bought intex swg last year and just love it. We want to get a regular AG this year. Can I use the Intex SWG with any regular AG? Or will the size of the inlets not be compatible? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to TFP!!!

I am not sure exactly how that SWG gets plumbed in (no experience), but would have to think it is possible. Although realize that if you got a larger pool, that SWG may not be large enough.

You may want to verify,but if I remember correctly the Intex SWG will handle something like 14,000 gallons of water.That roughly equates to a 24'X 54" pool.I say run it until it dies then buy another SWG.(Compupool,Hayward etc.....)The more water you have the longer your Intex SWG will have to run.14000 gallons of water you may have to run it 7,8 maybe 9 hrs.

Welcome to tfp, producejohn :wave:

I am using the intex swg on my permanent above ground (see my sig). It works great...I used the mod in the thread that JasonLion pointed you too.

One other thing...if you haven't already, make sure you unplug the connection to the copper bars (last connection in the flow path) on the intex swg...no need to add copper (and it's problems) to your water!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.