Orgega Valve Orientation

pcmacd

Oct 3, 2010
Maricopa County, AZ
I have an Ortega valve on my pool. Before I took it apart, I remembered the nightmares I had last time and decided to mark the shafts so I could easily remember the orientation against the lever to turn it. The *(O^%*^ thing is buried in concrete, and getting down to work on it is not easy on my busted and titanium re-bar reinforced spine.

Genius. Yep. Now that they are off I can't read the marks. I think I am about to start paying people to do this stuff for me; at least I have a dependable guy, even if he doesn't smell so good.

The valve is of this type:

The lines coming from the pool and spa run parallel to each other, as I expect they would have to to connect this thing [if they had made the hanger bracket about 1/4" wider, it would not be an Olympic event to put the )(*&*(&^*^% valves back into the housing, either!]

Is there a rule of finger for how the valves should be positioned relative to each other?

Pitcher attached.

[attachment=0:1min7a33]IMAG0667.3.jpg[/attachment:1min7a33]

It was difficult to tell where the lines not going to the pump or filter went, so I put a few drops of blue food coloring into a rubber bladder designed to unplug pipes (it expands to fill the pipe with water pressure, then shoots water down the pipe) and for watched where it exited the system.

Looks like the open sides of the valve core must point in the same direction for both the upper (pump inlet) and lower (from filter) valves? That way:

water is either

• from 'cuzzi and to 'cuzzi, or
    from pool and to pool

• txAbunch
    mac

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.