Intex Sand Filter pump tripping GFI on outlet

Jan 20, 2013
I have a Intex sand filter pump model SF20110 i purchased 19 months ago. Whenever it is plugged in, it trips my GFI on the house outlet. Last summer, the GFI on the plug was removed because it was soaked inside and would never dry out. Was told by a electrician since it was plugged into the GFI at the house, it was safe to remove the Intex GFI. It worked fine for 6 months. After a recent downpour , the intex trips the GFI on my house outlet. Even if the pump is turned OFF, it still trips as soon as I plug it in. I can plug my Salt water generator into the outlet and does not trip and works fine other then no flow since pump is off. As soon as I plug in the pump, trips. I even replaced the plug again on the end, and no go. I also checked the housing where the power cord enters the pump where the timer is. Completly dry with no corrosion, looks brand new inside.. Any ideas??? I had to replace my salt water generator over ther summer (150.00) from Academy, and purchased this pump 19 months ago (250.00) from Cabelas. I also need to change about 10 joints that are corroded (5.00 each) and several poles. My pool is only 4.5 years old. I'm not to happy with Intex

I had a similar issue that I thought was a pool light going out. I tried another GFI breaker, and bingo, right back in business. Seems as if I had a very "sensitive" GFI breaker. Just a thought and may give you some ideas. Good Luck!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.