Repairing pool liner

Jan 19, 2013
My 8 year old inground pool is starting to show some repair needs. In the shallow part of the
pool I noticed a 2-3 feet of liner in the upper wall that is peeling off. The liner is virgin vinyl.
How can I repair this - what glue to use, etc.? Thanks.

Just for my info, could you please explain why for a small top "peeling off" like this would require
a whole replacement of the pool liner? I don't quite get it. If my roof has a leak, I repair the leaky
part, not replace the whole roof.

Sorry for the brief response above.

Liners eventually lose their plasticity and become brittle after time and exposure to the sun and chemicals. 8 years is about an average lifespan. Once they start to tear without a specific incident causing the tear, they are usually due for replacement and patching them won't buy much time.

I am not familiar with the term peeling off and assumed the liner was tearing from or near the bead which is very difficult to fix.

Thanks for taking the time to explain.

What I meant by "peeling off": About 2+ feet horizontal at the top of the liner edge is sagging
about a couple of inches down which indicates it peeled off from the wall and got pushed downwards.
But I don't see any tear anywhere. I can't recheck now as the pool is covered for winter. I'm
in Plainfield, Illinois.

So it has come out of the track holding it and you can see a bead at the very top of the liner?

If thats the case, you can put it back in the track after you open the pool up. It will be a lot easier to fix in warmer temps and you might need a helper.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.