Intex pump buzzing from motor and wont pump, help please

Sep 7, 2012
Australia
At about the same time that one of the inlet hoses to the pump developed a leak (light spray not gushing), the pump had stopped pumping and had developed a buzzing sound.
Other than turning on and off, I dont know what else to do. Dosent seem to be an obstruction causing lack of water flow.
Is this pump finished?

If the buzzing goes off after a few seconds and comes back after a few minutes, is because the pump is trying to start, overheating and cutting off. It could be, stuck impeller, crud on the shaft, or possibly a bad capacitor. Sometimes you can free it up by manually rotating the shaft and restarting the pump.

carolina pool said:
If the buzzing goes off after a few seconds and comes back after a few minutes, is because the pump is trying to start, overheating and cutting off. It could be, stuck impeller, crud on the shaft, or possibly a bad capacitor. Sometimes you can free it up by manually rotating the shaft and restarting the pump.

The pump repair man needs to know what are the arrangement of the capacitors in the Krystal Klear salt water filter pump combo.
It seemed to be about what type they are so that he can put in generic replacements. I think there are two types.
Calls to the supplier today and no doubt the distributor tomorrow are unlikely to produce the info required.
Can anyone enlighten me as to the type of the 2 capacitors in this pump thanks.
thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.