Intelliflo VF software and warranty

Does the VF have updateable software? Is there a way to flash the memory that operates the pump if Pentair updates it? The point of my question is do I need to be careful where I purchase the pump and make sure it's not a unit that's been on a shelf for two years and now not compatible with some of the latest automation systems? Or is this just not even an issue?

Also, regarding Pentair warranty, does your point of purchase matter in regards to honoring warranty? If I find equipment from an online dealer that I've never really heard of, but has the best price, can I still register the product with Pentair and get the proper warranty?

Anybody have experience with either of these issues?

Thanks...

The IntelliFlo software is not user upgradable.

Buying the pump as part of a pool with all Pentair products often gets you a longer warranty. Other than that, the standard warranty should be good regardless of where you buy it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.