Pump & Aquarite Salt Cell control

Dec 31, 2010
Salt pool and pump stopped running! Called pool service and over the phone they said you need a new motor. Pump motor spins freely, removed capacitor, discharged it and checked continuity with multimeter and was told if it spikes and goes back to zero it's good - did that. Opened Aquarite, board looks burned under the thermistor, replaced thermistor and pump still doesn't work.

Questions:

Does the Aquarite just control the salt cell or can it prevent the pump from turning on?
Is the pump just controlled by the timer? If so then it probably is the motor...anyone know?

The Aqua-rite doesn't control the pump. The timer should control both the pump and the swg.

Tell us more about how it stopped and what it does, if anything, when you try to start it back?
Have you made sure it's getting power to the pump and swg?
If you're not getting power to either, I'd suspect the timer or circuit breaker.

Thanks for the quick reply. As for what happened, I noticed the waterfall wasn't running the other day and the pump was off. Power was on, no tripped breakers and the aqua-rite was on as well. I removed the pump today, it spins freely so I connected 110v to terminals 1 + 2 along with the ground (I know it's 220v) just wanted to see if I get a hum. Does anyone know if that'll be sufficient for a hum? On the salt cell issue, could the bad thermistor keep it from producing salt, it's about 1 1/2 years old with a 3 year warranty and I cleaned it recently? The only thing burnt on the board was the thermistor and I noticed it wasn't producing much, if any salt the last few months of the season.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.