Air In Filter System

Jan 13, 2013
I have an in ground pool with a cartridge filter system and rooftop 7 panel solar heater. As of late, air has somehow been entering the system resulting in decreased water flow and tiny air bubbles coming from the outlets. When I open the filter, remove the element, replace it and reseal the filter, the water flow is back to normal for 2 to 3 days and the problem reappears. I have no water loss and therefore no leaks. The filter o-rings are generously lubed. I have been thinking that the rooftop relief valve may be the culprit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Do the bubbles only appear when running the solar? Turn off the solar and see if you still have problems.

Also just because you do not see a water leak does not mean that you do not have an air leak on the suction side.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Sorry my reply took so long. Yes, if I turn the solar off, the bubbles stop. Also, how would I find a leak on the suction side. Again, the pump strainer and filter o-rings are sufficiently lubed. Thank you.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.