solar repair in phoenix AZ recomendations

dirtfrmr

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 26, 2012
chandler az
we have a newly purchased home in chandler< May 2012>, we need someone to look at our solar system to see what it needs.
Solar installed 2005 i think, falco panels, pentair pumps, a fairly complex pumping system. I haven't been on roof yet.
we have had it on in september and it worked fairly well. I recenty turn it on and and it blew a couple of end caps off.
So I drained it and think i need a experienced person to inspect and tell us what repairs we need. As always I appreciate the advice we hear form this site.

RH

The big player in pool solar in your area is Heliocol. They are in Phoenix. Chances are, if the pool builder didn't install the system, they did.

But I would doubt that Heliocol would have installed fafco panels.

With some pictures of the plumbing we can help figure that out. Did you turn on solar while a return valve was still closed thus blowing off the ends?

Do you panels have the rubber hoses used as connections between the panels? I recall then needing to be replaced often ... especially in our hot sun.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

thanks for your reply. i am not sure i have not been up there yet, just got here two weeks ago
I am not sure how this complex system works yet. i have slowly been breakin things down. I have replaced the
swg IC40, two jandy check valves, pool guy replaced a pvc piping befor the swg before the swg started leaking.
So I am leaking cash right now and i am going to figure this out. The main pump is loud and will need replaced or repair some time in the future. We just moved in the 23 of december, i know it is too cold but i would ike to open early in the season.
I will get up there and take pictures as well. thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.