Filter pressure dropped

jlhaz

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 18, 2007
Hello,

I turned on my pump this morning to add some stabalizer. I added it to the skimmer basket and checked the pressure guage. It was at 20 PSI, the normal pressure for the filter.

I heard some bubbling sounds coming from the pool, and I went out to check. There was little or no pressure coming from the returns, and the pressure guage dropped to 0. The pump is still running however.

Did I do something wrong? did I really mess things up? :(

Thanks!

You may have added it too quickly and formed a clog in the skimmer pipe. It will dissolve e-v-e-n-t-u-a-l-l-y, but to hurry it, you can use a hose to flow water back the other way from the pump basket to try to clear it.

When you add stabilizer to the skimmer too quickly it can sometimes temporarily clog the pump strainer basket. If you can keep some water flowing the clog will pass through to the filter and everything will be fine. But if it completely clogs the pump strainer then you need to turn things off and clean out the pump strainer basket.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.