Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Filter pressure dropped

1. Back To Top    #1

Filter pressure dropped

Hello,

I turned on my pump this morning to add some stabalizer. I added it to the skimmer basket and checked the pressure guage. It was at 20 PSI, the normal pressure for the filter.

I heard some bubbling sounds coming from the pool, and I went out to check. There was little or no pressure coming from the returns, and the pressure guage dropped to 0. The pump is still running however.

Did I do something wrong? did I really mess things up?

Thanks!
    14,000 Gal. IG Plaster
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter W/ 1 1/2 HP Pump
    Hayward Pool Vav Ultra

2. Back To Top    #2
    You may have added it too quickly and formed a clog in the skimmer pipe. It will dissolve e-v-e-n-t-u-a-l-l-y, but to hurry it, you can use a hose to flow water back the other way from the pump basket to try to clear it.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

3. Back To Top    #3
    When you add stabilizer to the skimmer too quickly it can sometimes temporarily clog the pump strainer basket. If you can keep some water flowing the clog will pass through to the filter and everything will be fine. But if it completely clogs the pump strainer then you need to turn things off and clean out the pump strainer basket.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School

4. Back To Top    #4
    Thanks!!!

I'll go check those 2 things out.

This is my first time using BBB and doing the chemicals myself so i'm still learning
    14,000 Gal. IG Plaster
    Hayward Pool Vav Ultra

5. Back To Top    #5
    The pressure came back, it's a little lower than normal but it looks like the clog ls clearing just like you all said.

THANKS AGAIN!
    14,000 Gal. IG Plaster
    Hayward Pool Vav Ultra