water test and balance

It makes a big difference whether the CYA is 60 or 90, but in either case you're not at shock level with an FC of 19. Run the CYA test again and see if you can narrow it down a bit. I pour the mixture back and forth a few times between the view tube and vial to get a better reading.

Once you've narrowed the CYA down you will either need to drain some water to get the CYA down and then begin shock or you need to begin the shock process on the pool.

I would do like bama suggests and define your CYA a little better. It doesn't have to be perfect but you should be able to get within 10-15ppm each time you do the test. Again, as bama suggests, you do not need a new sample each time....simply use the same sample over and over until your result is consistent.

While you are doing that, let your FC drift down to about 10ppm or less (it should take a couple of days) and then retake the pH test.

Your pH results will not be very precise when FC is above 10ppm like it is now.

If your pH is still testing at 6.7 (and I think it will), then you need to raise it up to around 7.4 or so to get within normal parameters.

Once your pH is up to normal, you can plan on starting the shock process to get your pool in perfect shape.

hi I retested today the new results are
FC 10
CC 0.5
TC 10.05
TA 100
CH 130
CYA 80
PH 6.8

do I need to add more chlorine? and what products do I need to add to make the water perfect, it is pretty clear now. I am having friends over tomorrow night so I want to make it good to swim in.
thanks

I'd run the pump from now on till the party. I'd also bring the FC up to 30 ppm with liquid or cal-hypo and keep it there until about an hour or two prior to the party. You should also aerate the water to bring the pH up a bit. If you can adjust an eyeball up to where it breaks the surface, that should do it.

What do you use to chlorinate the water? (Liquid, Pucks, etc.)

A waterfall or spa spillover will aerate or do as was previously suggested and change the return jet.

Learn to use poolcalculator.com to determine the amount off chemicals you need. You must stop using the the pucks since your CYA is already high and they will just make the problem worse.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Ok I will do that, just to let you know I have calcium build up on the walls, is there a easier way of getting it off without scrubbing? and could this be causing the issues with any of my levels?
I am wondering if I am able to put a fountain on my pool as there is only one thing that pushes out the water.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.