Auto Cover info - CoverStar details?

dperque

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 4, 2013
Austin, TX
I'm having trouble getting any real details on automatic covers - aside form the CoverPools site,
http://www.coverpools.com/pool-cover-sy ... O7Zo2-x99U

there really isn't a lot of good info on CoverStar or any other companies? In fact, what are the other companies?

My PB uses CoverStar and it seems that many on this site do as well, but there has to be some other options out there. I may be a sucker for marketing or maybe I put too much weight into a company's website/content, but I almost get the impression from CoverStar that it's set up to allow it's "reps" to change options, warranty details and pricing to better maximize profits.

for example:
1. Apparently there's a CS3000 and Eclipse model of cover (any others?) - I can't find out any info on these through the site
2. The warranty page only mentions the fabric - am I crazy or are there other parts of the cover that seem to be pretty important? http://www.coverstar.com/customer-support-2/warranty
3. The site says my closest dealer is in Indiana (I'm in TX) - can that be right?
4. No details on the motor, ropes, or anything! Watts, HP, build materials would all be good info to have, right?

Thanks! This may seem like petty stuff, but the auto cover is not cheap and I don't think it's crazy to want a little detail on the produce.

W e are a builder in Missouri, we have used both Aquamatic and Coverstars. We originally sold the Aquamatic line, but we switched to Coverstars since the webbing at the edge of the cover is heat welded to the cover material instead of stitched together. This is a trouble area of Aqumatics, the stitching deteriorates in the sun and then the cover pulls loose from the webbing and track. As far as warranty it is like any other warranty, a lot of it will depend on the installer and how good they do at getting the system installed correctly. What kind of chlorination are you going to do? If you are going with swg I would use a coverstar eclipse system since it is a stainless steel unit instead of aluminum. Also look at www.coverstarcentral.com this will have more of the information you are wanting.

Thanks for the insight on the CoverStar product and the link - that's a much better website.

I'm hearing more good things about CS so I'll probably go that way - I was really just curious why it was hard to get an real detail on their product.

I will mention it to our dealer contact for them and maybe they can improve their website. Personally as an installer the coverstar is a much nicer finished look. I like to build what is commonly known as a pool-in-poolwith concrete lids for the mechanism trough. This just adds a very finished look.

swimcmp said:
I like to build what is commonly known as a pool-in-poolwith concrete lids for the mechanism trough. This just adds a very finished look.

I have concrete lids on mine, you can see my pool in the "open" position here http://www.troublefreepool.com/jjslinger-new-member-t39868.html. The lids do look nice, but they are heavy, and that discourages me from doing as much maintenance as I should, I hate lifting those things.

Don

Since I have a knowledgeable audience here, I have another autocover question. My pool and spa are basically 1 rectangle with a "dam wall" that the cover would slide over - should I have the cover roll up on the spa side or pool side? in other words, If I'm sitting in the spa with a margarita, is there any way I can tell there's a large cover rolled up behind my head or does it disappear under the coping? (doing brackets, no "lid")

Thanks!

dperque you will have some sort of lid over the cover mechanism. Without seeing the pool/spa setup it is difficult to tell which way it should roll up. What I would recommend is to roll the cover away from the house. If the pool runs lengthwise with your house try to roll the cover so prevailing winds aren't blowing under the cover when it is closed.

PB came over today - we're going to put spa-side - and yes, it does run lengthwise, but the spa is a little tucked away behind part of the house and offers some better options for the housing/elec access. It will be under matching limestone coping so should look fine. Getting excited - just hoping my PB can work on the price a bit.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi I was wondering if you have found the information you where looking for about pool covers? I would like to answer any questions u may have

I'm having trouble getting any real details on automatic covers - aside form the CoverPools site,
http://www.coverpools.com/pool-cover-sy ... O7Zo2-x99U

there really isn't a lot of good info on CoverStar or any other companies? In fact, what are the other companies?

My PB uses CoverStar and it seems that many on this site do as well, but there has to be some other options out there. I may be a sucker for marketing or maybe I put too much weight into a company's website/content, but I almost get the impression from CoverStar that it's set up to allow it's "reps" to change options, warranty details and pricing to better maximize profits.

for example:
1. Apparently there's a CS3000 and Eclipse model of cover (any others?) - I can't find out any info on these through the site
2. The warranty page only mentions the fabric - am I crazy or are there other parts of the cover that seem to be pretty important? http://www.coverstar.com/customer-support-2/warranty
3. The site says my closest dealer is in Indiana (I'm in TX) - can that be right?
4. No details on the motor, ropes, or anything! Watts, HP, build materials would all be good info to have, right?

Thanks! This may seem like petty stuff, but the auto cover is not cheap and I don't think it's crazy to want a little detail on the produce.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.