what makes a solar heating system blow off an end cap

dirtfrmr

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 26, 2012
chandler az
recently moved to chandler az, Our pool has a falco solar system on roof. As i am trying to familiarize myself with the total system, the solar seems to be problematic. recently i tried to turn on the solar to see what results i would find. Immediately it blew off an end cap and water poured out off the roof. Is this because i turn on the system fully, an inspection was done in may of this year say all was in good working order. I would like to ulitize solar to extend the season, but it seems to be a weak link. Chandler AZ is the location. at least 8 panels on roof, 20000 gallon inground pool, pentair pumping system.

Could be that full flow of the pump is too much. Watch your pressure gauge as you open the valve. Try it at about a 3psi rise and see how it goes.

It could simply be that the fitting was loose. Most of that stuff is hose-clamped on, and with heating and cooling cycles stuff works loose.

Also make sure there is not a shutoff valve on the return plumbing that was not allowing the water to return to the pool ... thus pressurizing the system.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.