how long do you run your pump in arizona winter

I live in Houston. with the recent "cold" weather our pool water temperature is in the low 50's. I've cut the pump back to two hours and left the cleaner at an hour and a half per day. I also turned down our saltwater chlorinator to zero as I'm told it no longer functions with the water reaches around 55 degrees.

Wow I might be running mine more than needed. I think I hand it set for three 3 hour periods on low speed throughout the day.

Thermometer reads 45 if it can be believed.

Posted from my Droid with Tapatalk ... sorry if my response is short ;)

I'm in chandler also with a 42,000 gallon pool and was told to run it according to the high temperature i.e. if the high is 70 run it 7 hours, high 50 run it 5 hours etc. maybe I'm running it too much!

As a general rule nearly everyone is running their pumps too much :) Recent research has shown that in most situations pump run times don't even need to be half as long as they typically are right now to get the same effect, at a substantial savings in electricity.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.