Replacing Jandy 2hp Pump

Jun 20, 2011
Hey guys,

I have a Jandy pump that has started making a very loud squealing noise when I turn it on. I was going to replace just the motor but my strainer basket has a lid on it that is insanely difficult to remove. It's a clear lid with 4 notches on top and nothing to grip on! I thought I would do myself a favor and replace it with one of the easier to remove lids with summer coming up.

I called Poolcenter.com and they don't carry the Jandy Stealth in stock. It's what I was considering replacing it with. Is it a bad choice for my situation? Any recommendations or comments are appreciated!

Unless you have a water feature or your spa requires it, that's a very large pump for that pool. I'd look at something smaller if you could.

Having said that, I'd ask what comparable model your pool store carried and post that for comparison.

We do have a rather large spa that has 6 jets on it... but I also thought the same thing. The filtration system is also very large on my pool. It's a large 4 cartridge filter.

How do I know if I should go with a smaller pump? I can post pictures of my spa if that would help.

I'll call the pool store and post an update.

I would go with the exact same pump if you weren't having any problems with it before. There are plenty of places on the internet you can get a Jandy 2HP pump. I would sell you one out of my warehouse but it is a lot easier on the internet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.