Brick walls

It's just a regular center block wall. It's the fence between my neighbors yard and mine. I'm in Phoenix AZ. It just looks plan and I was looking for ideas so it doesn't look like "just a brick wall"

Heater said:
It's just a regular center block wall. It's the fence between my neighbors yard and mine. I'm in Phoenix AZ. It just looks plan and I was looking for ideas so it doesn't look like "just a brick wall"
Are we talking bricks or concrete blocks? I suspect the latter. If so, is it the plain jane grey blocks or decorative type with some color and texture? Post some pics?

Paint is quickest and easiest, and will improve the look substantially. If it were me, I would paint it then put in some plants...either a trellis and vines or some shrubs. Check with your HOA re: colors, plants, etc. as well...there may be restrictions.

Have any colleges nearby? Go see the art director and ask if any students want a project, have them submit design ideas for possible extra credit. You provide supplies, get your wall decorated for super cheap and meet some new friends- they will come back :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I saw a DIY show the other night where they painted a wall like we have here in AZ. They painted it a dark brown color and it made a real difference. I would think paint/plants would be the most economical way to dress up your block wall. Plants are going to include maintenance (trimming and litter) so keep that in mind. I've also seen some nice ornamental iron pieces improve the bland look of walls: suns, geckos, dragonflys and what ever else you can think of. Looking forward to the pics!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.