Puck feeder, keep it or trash it

Jul 15, 2007
Florida
Got a Hayward feeder attached to my pump/filter. But ever since learning about BBB last summer and the side effects of using trichlor tablets, i've got no use for it now.

Before I disconnect it, need opinions on whether to just keep it since it's already attached or get rid of it forever. Any real benefits of keeping a feeder?? Perhaps in a "just in case" situation?

It's always empty now, but it's still connected in-line with everything else. Does it affect overall water pressure much by just being there?

A tablet feeder can be a handy way to deal with vacations, as long as you keep tabs on your CYA level and don't use it very frequently. If you aren't doing any plumbing for any other reason I would just leave it where it is. It doesn't have any significant effect on water flow.

We are using ours this spring to get some CYA in the water.

Also, we had a bucket of tabs from previous owner (2005 season) that apparently are still good :)

For those of us who manually dose their pools, it is great to have it available for vacation :wink:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.