New pool owner please help

Gitano

Jan 5, 2013
Hello everyone and thanks in advance for your help, I'm a first time pool owner and I recently bought a vac cleaner to attach to the skimmer, the vac did not move properly. i call the person in my local pool store he came and told me that i had to change the filter and also to change the motor becouse it was making a lot of noise. he change the filter and the pool motor. Now, my pool is about 14k galons, with a water fall tha goes to the spa and then goes to the pool, pump is a 2 hp. he changed the inpeller and make it a 1 hp then installed a 1 hp motor. He told me i should be fine. After all this the vac cleaner still does not move properly. Now he is telling me that I may have a leak at the skimmer. Any advise please

Welcome to TFP.

It's hard to say what the problem is given the info you gave so far, so lets see if we can help figure it out.

Can you provide us with the following info?
Pump make & model?
Filter make & model?
Filter pressure without vacuum hooked up?
Filter pressure with vacuum hooked up?
Vacuum make & model?

Also, do you have more than one return?
Do you have a main drain?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.