Is this thing hard to replace?

May 7, 2010
Dallas, TX
Has a small leak on the bottom that squirts more when back washing. Doesn't leak too bad but i a m assuming it will only get worse. Just noticed today one of the nuts on one side is missing.

imagefus.jpg

I think if you will replace that nut, it may stop the leak. Certainly a quick and cheap fix if it works. Get stainless steel nut.... don't tighten extra hard, just snug. If it still leaks perhaps tighten a bit more.

Melt In The Sun said:
Is that on your backwash line? If so, it shouldn't have any water in it when you're not backwashing.

Yes it is. That is true. It seems to be worse the last time I backwashed. It was more noticeably coming from there as the water flowed out at high pressure. I found a replacement nut so we'll see if that helps next time I backwash. Thanks to all.

That's actually not true. I have a lot of pools that have standing water in the backwash line with no leaks on the backwash valve. If he has a P-trap where the pipe goes above the height of the sight glass he will have standing water in there.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.