Looking at new pool builders for my first pool at new house

Jan 4, 2013
Dublin, CA
Hi Everyone. New to the forum here.

We just built a house in Dublin CA (SF Bay Area) and I want to get a pool/spa plus decking and landscaping installed. I'm am currently speaking with 3 builders: Premier Pools and Spas (out of Oakley CA), Royal Pools (also called Adams Pools) out of Pleasanton CA, and Diablo Oasis Pools.

I'm wondering if anybody is familiar with any of these firms or has any other recommendations for firms that do good work in the East Bay.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Re: Looking at new pool builders for my first pool at new ho

Congrats on the new pool project - as a pool builder, I have no experience or knowledge with the companies you mentioned (I'm in AZ), but some recommendations on how to select a builder.

1. [u]Salesman tells all [/u]- in my company, the better the salesman, the better the project outcome & happier the customer. Sales & Designers set the expectations to the client, so the more experienced guys can ensure you get taken care of, and you don't have any surprises. Find out how long they've been in the industry, how long they've been with the company, and most importantly, "are they there after the sale?" Some companies keep the sales guy away from the client after the sale, and move the construction team in (with assistance of the "legal" team) That's bad news... since generally people have faith in who they buy from... not the case with some builders.
2. [b]Compare bids, but cheaper price is not always better[/b].. Again, a good way to help you determine who is best suited for you, is the way a pool designer/salesman can help you understand what you are getting. I teach my guys to go over all the items, and make sure the client knows what to expect. Some sales guys steer you to the bottom line, and sell on price (and you are soon left with a construction team that is building something you may not want..) Ask questions when things don't make sense, and the good guys will help you understand them until it all makes perfect sense!
3. Do your homework! - Most states have agencies that manage contractors, and have information on contractor licensing, complaints, qualification, etc. You should always look into these agencies and get the scoop before you buy. You can also check out Better Business Bureau, and search for online reviews these days. Web presence and reviews say a bit about a company...

Good luck in your search for a builder!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.