Spa Check Valve missing? video -SOLVED-

marty

Jul 10, 2012
CA
When system turns off the spa drains. (spa is above pool)
Spa does not drain completley, there are 4 holes/passages around bottom about 1foot up where the water level stays, till system starts again.

Whould there be any reason for previous home owner to remove check valve door as it dosent look broken just missing + dont think door could fit thru pipe if it got loose.

I dont want to blow up filter or something, but would replacing check valve door stop draining of spa correctly?

Thanks for help and happy new year!

Can you see video, or is it white with only audio????

@ 32 second mark
[youtube:39ce9bjp]fhaq1s17kjA[/youtube:39ce9bjp]

Re: Spa Check Valve missing? video

There are three common problems that can cause a spa to drain down. 1) A leaky pool/spa 3-way return valve draining water from the spa when it is in pool mode or the pump is off. 2) A bad check valve on the spa supply line. 3) A leak in the plumbing. A leaky return valve (1) will drain the spa if the pump is on or off, while a leaky check valve (2) will only drain the spa when the pump is off.

My spa does the same thing. A couple hours after the pump shuts off the spa water level will go down 3-4 inches. I'm guessing it's my check valve but at this point it's not really causing any issues. The next day when the pump turns back on it refills in a couple minutes.

Yea mine drops alot, heard stories of pool lifting out of ground when empty, thats why i just dont "if it aibt broke dont fix it" lol.

So ill put the door in and see what happens, thanks guys.

Ok, turns out there was a door in that check valve, opens/closes fine!

In this video at .30, is this a check valve? could that be the issue?

Also, a freind said the spa might drain because a valve is turned the wrong way, I know its a not great video, but do you guys see anything?

If it helps, i can "color code" pipes with art paper or somthing so you can tell me what valve to turn.

Ps at the end of video, what are those two pipes/caps in ground for?

Thank you for all your help! :lol:

[youtube:3ju5a5sf]23UosTFO00I[/youtube:3ju5a5sf]

Just a view of pool/spa to get a better idea.
[youtube:3ju5a5sf]CeklC-L4L1k[/youtube:3ju5a5sf]

You need to close the jandy valve in the video at about .25 seconds. The off needs to be all the way down and the handle needs to be pointing directly towards the sky. See if that helps you. Yes, the check valve looks brand new. It is a corrosive free check valve and I can see the door in the video.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.