Gorilla Floor Padding

I have happy bottom and I like it. It makes the floor so much smoother and hides foot prints.

I am happy with mine, I had my first pool without it and it would easily take foot prints in the sand below it, but now it is fairly smooth. The cove was nice too, even if I didn't use the happy bottom again, I would use the cove. But, I do suggest that you go with it.

One of the guys I used to work with said he used it on his walls for insulation and he loved it. But, he never stopped spewing nonsense and stupidity so I don't know what to think, I never saw it myself.

Is this something that is installed under the pool liner? Can it be used in addition to the sand underneath the liner? Interesting product, wish I had known about it before my pool went up. How tough is the material against roots and such?

I put sand underneath of the padding still, but I accounted for the thickness of the padding so I did not lose any depth. As far as roots go, I am not sure, but what do you have without it, just sand. I would guess that if a root wanted to get through it then it would. Roots can split rocks after all with enough time. Mainly though, as far as trees go, the roots don't spread much further than the "dripline" of the tree. So if you have a pool set up under trees, you would probably have some roots to worry about, if they are not directly under the trees, I would not worry about them. There are some pool installers and such here though that maybe have seen an impact by roots though. I would be more worried about the roots that are there say from a tree that was cut down where the pool was going to go. At that point, what I did, was I got a combination backhoe and just dug out all the roots, and that was my elevation for the pool bottom.

Hmmm,

I have heard of the happy bottom stuff, and recently while shopping was told about some kind of "thermal" padding also. It looked like bubble wrap with foil on on side, and is supposed to help warm you pool or keep it 3 degrees warmer, or something like that.

This gorilla padding looks interesting, I may consider it.... And what about the wall foam, anybody recommend doing these things or do you guys think it's not worth the extra cost??? On the pool we ae getting, it comes with a pool cove, and a plastic covering for the ground to help keep out weeds and such, but this padding sound like it will give a softer bottom to the pool, what about it guys,,,,,,,,YAY or NAY????

Thanks,,,,DMAN

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I used vibrum

I have horse stall mats on the bottom and 3 layers of insulation on the sides. this is impervious to roots or much of anything but rats and I haven't had those lately

quick question,,,,,,

I am really thinking about this gorilla padding stuff, but can it be used at the same time as the plastic coating my PB is using??? They put down a thin hard plastic like coating to keep grass, weeds, etc... from coming through the liner. The way I am understanding is that this stuff would go on top of that lining, and then the liner will go on top of the gorilla padding,,,,, right??

Anybody know of this first hand, is it nice to have or is Happy Bottom the only thing everybody uses??

Thanks,,,,,DMAN

Re:

The Mermaid Queen said:
No reason not to use it under an intex, that I can tell...

sounds like it would definitely help with grass or weeds going up thru your pool...

I just got an intex pool with a gorilla pad .. . I got it to help with grass or weeds going up thru my pool

the pad seems like it's made out of material ... does anyone know if it gets wet if it gets moldy etc?

mine sticks out from the pool a little

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.